Most Americans have seen the damage alcohol and drugs can cause; many have experienced addiction firsthand. While it’s true that some people never get treatment, millions have found recovery. At Vertava Health, we ensure that quality addiction treatment is available throughout the United States. Our residential treatment centers provide a tranquil and supportive environment to begin the journey of recovery.
In our 90-day rehab programs, patients engage in stabilizing therapies, including medical detoxification, individual and family counseling, and relapse prevention strategies.
Although some may think a 90-day rehab program is too much of a commitment, people who suffer from opioid, alcohol, or methamphetamine addiction may require long-term treatment. For those who have made previous attempts at treatment, a 90-day drug and alcohol rehab program could provide the extra support they need to achieve long-term sobriety. Contact Vertava Health today at 888.601.8693 to learn more about our 90-day addiction treatment programs and our other addiction treatment programs.
What Is a 90-Day Drug and Alcohol Rehab Program?
A 90-day drug and alcohol rehab program is often utilized by people who suffer from chronic relapse or severe substance use disorders. Staying longer in treatment has clear benefits but is it really necessary to stay 90 days?
Experts say yes. While 30- and 60-day programs can be the right choice for some, research clearly indicates that people who receive treatment for at least three months have more favorable recovery outcomes.
There are several ways to receive long-term treatment. Some people may attend a month-long residential program followed by two months of outpatient programming. Others may choose to stay in an inpatient environment for the duration of their treatment.
Regardless of how it’s accomplished, and whether it’s a 90-day drug rehab program or a 90-day alcohol rehab program, 90-day rehab programs are statistically shown to increase a person’s chance of recovery. This could be life-changing news for those who have had unsuccessful attempts at remaining sober in the past.
What Is the Treatment Process in a 90-Day Rehab Center?
While every rehab center is different, certain general treatment methods are offered at most locations. The intake process usually involves an interview, which allows treatment center staff to assess the patient’s needs. Next, therapists design a customized plan to address the patient’s physical, emotional, and mental health needs.
Most treatment plans include a combination of therapies and treatment methods. In some cases, the patient may take an active role in creating their treatment plan.
Over the next 90 days, patients engage in treatment services that include:
- Medical detoxification – For patients who are physically dependent on alcohol or drugs, detox comes first. Depending on the substance a person uses, they may experience withdrawal symptoms. Medically supervised detox programs often provide medication-assisted treatment to keep patients comfortable during this process.
- Individual counseling – Counseling is one of the most common addiction treatment services. In a 90-day rehab program, patients may set daily or weekly goals with their therapist. These may include practicing a coping skill or sharing during group. Goals may be adjusted in therapy sessions throughout a person’s treatment stay.
- Group therapy – There are numerous benefits to discussing recovery in a group setting, including opportunities to build peer support and practice self-expression in a group dynamic. Group therapy is hands-on communication training that can be useful for those who will reenter the workplace after treatment.
- Experiential therapy – While the discussion is key, research also highlights movement and creative expression’s positive impact in treatment environments. Group sessions on mindfulness, Tai Chi, and creative arts allow patients to explore new hobbies and practice healthy self-expression.
- 12-step meetings – Attending support groups is another crucial aspect of 90-day rehab programs. Treatment centers may participate in weekly Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings. Regular meetings and attendance help model the ongoing commitment that long-term recovery requires.
- Continuing care – A vital part of 90-day treatment programs is creating an aftercare plan. Aftercare plans may involve weekly check-ins with a counselor or a commitment to 12-step meetings. Patients involved in the criminal justice system may also have ongoing court appearances or drug screenings to complete.</li>
Benefits of 90-Day Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
One of the significant benefits of a long-term treatment program is the relationship created between the patient and the treatment team. This connection is built over time and can serve as a foundation of trust and collaboration.
As time progresses and treatment goals are met, patients give increasing levels of input into their treatment plan. This collaborative relationship prepares patients to create a self-directed vision for life after treatment. 90-day treatment programs have additional benefits, including:
Increased Rates Of Sobriety
Studies show that people who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction need at least three months of treatment to significantly reduce or stop drug use. In other words, the best recovery outcomes are associated with longer treatment stays.
Some patients may struggle with the idea of 90-day treatment. While some people can find recovery in shorter programs, it’s important to remember that addiction is a chronic brain disease that often leads to relapse. Remaining in treatment for an adequate length of time sets a person up for an increased chance of long-term sobriety.
Changed Behavior Patterns
Recovery is a lifelong process that requires courage, determination, and planning. These traits can take time to build. However, many 90-day treatment programs have specialized groups that help patients realize how their choices today impact their circumstances tomorrow.
By engaging in role-playing activities and peer support groups, patients train their minds to deal with challenges in a positive way. Groups that focus on emotional regulation, communication techniques, and coping skills help to reshape a person’s vision for their future.
Focused And Supportive Environment
Many people want to stop using alcohol and drugs but struggle to do so because of their environment. Being surrounded by a recovery mindset can provide the much-needed stability that patients crave. This distraction-free zone also creates an atmosphere for patients to get honest with themselves.
As treatment draws to a close, it’s common for patients to feel anxious about returning to their previous environments. For those who could benefit from extra support, therapists may suggest sober living options. This way, the patient can continue their recovery in a setting where they feel safe and accountable.
Finding Treatment That’s Right For You at Vertava Health
Although the general understanding is that “longer is better,” 90-day rehab programs are not for everyone. It’s important to explore treatment options and choose a rehab program that best fits your or your loved one’s unique needs.
Vertava Health’s rehab centers offer several options for comprehensive addiction treatment. To learn more about 90-day alcohol and drug rehab programs, or to find a treatment center near you, at 888.601.8693.