Most Americans have seen the damage that alcohol and drugs can cause, and many have experienced addiction firsthand. In 2014, more than 21 million people in the U.S. suffered from a substance use disorder.
While it’s true that some people never get treatment, millions have found recovery — so we know it is possible. At Vertava Health, we ensure that quality addiction treatment is available throughout the U.S. Our inpatient treatment centers provide a tranquil and supportive environment in which to begin the journey of recovery.
In our 90-day rehab programs, patients engage in stabilizing therapies that include medical detoxification, individual and family counseling, and relapse prevention strategies.
Although some may think a 90-day rehab program is too much of a commitment, people who suffer from opioid, alcohol, or methamphetamine addiction may require long-term treatment. For those who have made previous attempts at treatment, a 90-day program could provide the extra support they need to achieve long-term sobriety.
What Is A 90-Day Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program?
Rehab programs that last 90 days are often utilized by those who suffer from chronic relapse or severe substance use disorders. Staying longer in treatment has clear benefits — but is it really necessary to stay 90 days?
Experts say yes. While 30- and 60-day programs can be the right choice for some, research clearly indicates that people who receive treatment for at least 3 months have more favorable recovery outcomes.
There are several ways to receive long-term treatment. Some people may attend a month-long inpatient rehab program, followed by two months of outpatient programming. Others may choose to stay in an inpatient environment for the duration of their treatment.
Regardless of how it’s accomplished, 90-day rehab programs are statistically shown to increase a person’s chance of recovery. This could be life-changing news for those who have had unsuccessful attempts at remaining sober in the past.
Find The Right Treatment Program Today
We can help you explore treatment options, find the right rehab center, and design a plan that meets your needs.Contact Us
What Is The Treatment Process In A 90-Day Rehab Center?
While every rehab center is different, certain general treatment methods are offered at most locations. The intake process usually involves an interview, which allows treatment center staff to assess the patient’s needs. Next, therapists design a customized plan to address the physical, emotional, and mental health needs of the patient.
Most treatment plans include a combination of therapies and treatment methods. In some cases, the patient may take an active role in the creation of their treatment plan.
Over the next 90 days, patients engage in treatment services that include:
- Medical Detoxification — For patients who are physically dependent on alcohol or drugs, detox comes first. Depending on the substance a person was using, they may experience withdrawal symptoms. Medically supervised detox programs often provide medication-assisted treatment, in order to keep patients comfortable during this process.
- Individual Counseling — Counseling is one of the most common addiction treatment services. In a 90-day rehab program, patients may set daily or weekly goals with their therapist. These may include practicing a coping skill or sharing during group. Goals may be adjusted in therapy sessions throughout a person’s treatment stay.
- Group Therapy — There are numerous benefits to discussing recovery in a group setting, including opportunities to build peer support and practice self-expression in a group dynamic. Group therapy is hands-on communication training that can be useful for those who will reenter the workplace after treatment.
- Experiential Therapies — While the discussion is key, research also highlights the positive impact that movement and creative expression have in treatment environments. Group sessions on mindfulness, Tai Chi, and creative arts allow patients to explore new hobbies and practice healthy self-expression.
- 12-Step Meetings — Attending support groups is another important aspect of 90-day rehab programs. Treatment centers may participate in weekly Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings. Regular attendance at meetings helps to model the ongoing commitment that long-term recovery requires.
- Continuing Care — A vital part of 90-day treatment programs is creating an aftercare plan. Aftercare plans may involve weekly check-ins with a counselor, or a commitment to 12-step meetings. Patients involved in the criminal justice system may also have ongoing court appearances or drug screenings to complete.
Benefits Of 90-Day Alcohol And Drug Rehab Treatment
One of the major benefits of a long-term treatment program is the relationship created between the patient and the treatment team. This connection is built over time and can serve as a foundation of trust and collaboration.
As time progresses and treatment goals are met, patients give increasing levels of input into their treatment plan. This collaborative relationship prepares patients to create a self-directed vision for life after treatment. 90-day treatment programs have additional benefits, including:
Increased Rates Of Sobriety
Studies show that people who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction need at least 3 months in treatment to significantly reduce or stop drug use. In other words, the best recovery outcomes are associated with longer treatment stays.
Some patients may struggle with the idea of 90-day treatment. While some people can find recovery in shorter programs, it’s important to remember that addiction is a chronic brain disease that often leads to relapse. Remaining in treatment for an adequate length of time sets a person up for an increased chance of long-term sobriety.
Changed Behavior Patterns
Recovery is a lifelong process that requires courage, determination, and planning. These traits can take time to build. However, many 90-day treatment programs have specialized groups that help patients realize how their choices today impact their circumstances tomorrow.
By engaging in role-playing activities and peer, support groups, patients train their minds to deal with challenges in a positive way. Groups that focus on emotional regulation, communication techniques, and coping skills help to reshape a person’s vision for their future.
Focused And Supportive Environment
Many people want to stop using alcohol and drugs, but struggle to do so because of their environment. Being surrounded by a recovery mindset can provide the much-needed stability that patients crave. This distraction-free zone also creates an atmosphere for patients to get honest with themselves.
As treatment draws to a close, it’s common for patients to feel anxious about returning to their previous environments. For those who could benefit from extra support, therapists may suggest sober living options. This way, the patient can continue their recovery in a setting where they feel safe and accountable.
Finding A 90-Day Rehab Program That’s Right For You
Although the general understanding is that “longer is better,” 90-day rehab programs are not for everyone. It’s important to explore treatment options and choose a rehab program that will best fit you or your loved one’s unique needs.
Vertava Health’ rehab centers offer several options for comprehensive addiction treatment. To learn more about 90-day alcohol and drug rehab programs, or to find a treatment center near you, contact an Addition Campuses specialist today.