More than 10 percent of Americans ages 12 and older use illicit drugs and more than 50,000 people die from drug or alcohol overdose each year. While these statistics may be alarming, it’s important to know that there is help available for overcoming substance addiction. 30-day alcohol and drug rehab treatment programs are one of the most common forms of treatment and are offered at many of the Addiction Campuses rehab facilities.
What Is A 30-Day Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program?
A 30-day addiction treatment program is often considered the standard when it comes to inpatient treatment. During this time, patients reside at the rehab facility and undergo daily, intensive treatment that is catered to their needs and condition.
Four-week addiction programs became popular at the onset of substance abuse treatment. Many professionals believed that four weeks was the amount of time it took to help individuals change their thoughts and behaviors in a way that promoted sobriety. While things have certainly changed since the beginning of addiction treatment, 30-day programs are still offered at the majority of inpatient rehab facilities.
24/7 free and confidential calls
Reclaim Your Life.
Call now to talk with a treatment specialist about your recovery options.
What Happens During A 30-Day Drug And Alcohol Treatment Program?
Throughout a 30-day treatment program, patients will receive customized addiction treatment tailored to their specific needs. Many treatment facilities, including Addiction Campuses rehab centers, offer a variety of evidence-based therapies and other treatment methods for a comprehensive approach to recovery.
During a 30-day drug and alcohol rehab program, patients may participate in:
- Detoxification — A medically supervised detox program is often the first step of recovery for many people. Detox programs provide a safe and comfortable place for individuals to withdraw from substances. Many detox programs offer medication management to help ease withdrawal symptoms and lessen cravings.
- Development Of An Individual Treatment Plan — Patients will work with a program clinician to develop a treatment plan that meets their needs and condition. The program will give patients an idea of what to expect over the next 30 days.
- Counseling — Counseling is often a major part of an addiction recovery program. Patients may participate in different kinds of counseling, such as family, group, and individual counseling. One-on-one counseling with an addiction counselor typically occurs several times a week, while group counseling may be offered daily.
- Therapy — Thirty-day addiction treatment programs often incorporate several forms of therapy into their plans of recovery. Behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy, are an integral part of most treatment programs. Alternative therapies may also be offered, such as massage therapy, yoga, and art therapy.
- Support Groups — Several treatment facilities promote participation in support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. Meetings may be held at the facility or they may be off-campus. Establishing a habit of attending support groups is important in recovery and can help promote long-term sobriety.
- Aftercare Plan — Throughout the course of treatment, patients and their counselors will work to develop an aftercare plan for when treatment is finished. An aftercare plan may include sober living arrangements, a commitment to attend support groups, and continued therapy.
Each treatment facility will vary in the programs and treatment options it offers. Finding the rehab center that offers treatment methods that suit each person’s needs is important to ensure the greatest chance of long-term recovery.
What Does A Typical Day In A 30-Day Addiction Treatment Program Look Like?
While every rehab facility will differ slightly as to how its day-to-day operations are run, many programs follow similar structures. Most 30-day treatment programs are structured so that patients know what to expect each day and can fall into a routine that they can continue after treatment.
A typical day in a 30-day treatment program may include:
- group therapy sessions
- free time
- group, individual, or family therapy sessions
- recovery-based activities like yoga or physical activity
- support groups such as 12-step meetings
- recreational or free time
- lights out
Many 30-day alcohol and drug rehab facilities offer programs that are designed for specific demographics. For example, gender-specific programs are highly popular and separate men and women throughout treatment. This allows patients to focus on issues surrounding addiction and recovery that are specific to each gender.
Benefits Of A 30-Day Addiction Treatment Program
There are many reasons to consider a 30-day alcohol and drug rehab treatment program. People who are struggling with a substance use disorder will greatly benefit from month-long treatment programs. Finding a rehab facility that caters to each patient’s needs will provide the most benefit to individuals.
- the opportunity to address and overcome any uncertainty related to treatment
- the chance to fully detox from drugs or alcohol
- various therapies and counseling that help individuals develop coping skills for dealing with cravings and triggers
- the chance to form lasting relationships with others in recovery from addiction
- education on drug and alcohol addiction and how it affects a person’s life and health
- a place to focus solely on recovery without distractions or temptations
While 30-day treatment programs certainly offer a number of benefits, this type of treatment are not for everyone. Individuals with more severe substance use disorders will likely need to attend a longer rehab program. Additionally, people suffering from health conditions as a result of drug or alcohol abuse may need more advanced care.
Finding A 30-Day Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program
Several rehab facilities offer 30-day programs, including Addiction Campuses’ treatment centers. A treatment specialist can help you determine if a 30-day program is right for you and suggest the rehab centers that cater to your unique needs.
To learn more about 30-day addiction programs, contact an Addiction Campuses treatment specialist today.