Lewisville’s warm climate and beautiful Lewisville Lake make it an appealing place to spend a relaxing afternoon. Fishing, boating, water sports and shoreline dining are just a few of the ways one can enjoy this area.
A defining characteristic of addiction is when a person gives up fulfilling hobbies and recreational activities in favor of finding and using drugs or alcohol. As substance use worsens, the quality of a person’s life can rapidly deteriorate. Lewisville addiction treatment services can help a person to regain their health and sobriety and live a more meaningful life.
Addiction Treatment In Lewisville, TX
Enrolling in addiction treatment could be life-changing. But before a person is able to benefit from these services, they need to make sure they’re receiving care that fits their needs.
The continuum of addiction treatment care consists of several services, each of which has a different role in a treatment plan. Not every person will use every service. A trained addiction specialist can identify treatments and therapies for each person in need of this care.
In Lewisville, this plan will be built from the following addiction treatment services:
- Professional intervention services
- Medical detox programs
- Inpatient addiction treatment
- Outpatient addiction treatment
- Aftercare and alumni support services
Many families feel helpless and frustrated as they watch their loved one struggle with addiction. Close family and friends may not know how to help, or, if they do try to help, their attempts may be met with anger or denial.
A professional Lewisville intervention service will act as a moderator between these parties. A highly trained interventionist will help families to articulate their fears, hurts and concerns to the addicted individual.
Ideally, this conversation will lead a person to see that they need treatment.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
People who are physically dependent on drugs or alcohol may need treatment in two steps. For these individuals, sobriety starts with a medical detox.
A Lewisville medically supervised detox program targets the physical addiction. Chronic drug or alcohol use can cause the body to become reliant on a substance. A detoxification program will likely use medications to help a person’s body adjust to sobriety. Once a person has stabilized and progressed past withdrawal, they’re ready to move into a rehab program.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
The level of care provided by Lewisville inpatient drug rehab centers is typically more comprehensive than the services offered by outpatient programs.
Living on site at a treatment center generally gives a person more access to therapy and counseling sessions. This intensive level of care is especially critical for a person who:
- Has a severe addiction
- Has struggled with addiction for a long period of time
- Is addicted to more than one substance
- Has relapsed on multiple occasions
- Has a co-occurring mental health disorder
The most effective treatment programs offer therapy and counseling sessions in several formats. By participating in individual, group and family sessions, patients are better able to heal all areas affected by addiction.
A growing number of treatment programs incorporate alternative therapies to increase the success achieved by traditional behavioral therapies. These alternative approaches could include:
- Adventure therapy
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
- Mindfulness and stress-management practices
- Pet therapy
- Wilderness therapy
The highest level of individualized care is often obtained in a specialized addiction treatment program. These programs provide therapies and treatment settings that meet the diverse needs of clients. In Lewisville, these options may include:
- Dual diagnosis
- LGBTQIA+ friendly treatment
- Men’s- and women’s-only gender-specific programs
- Medication-assisted treatment using Suboxone or methadone
- Religious or faith-based
Some communities may have limited options for treatment, however, this doesn’t mean a person’s options have to be restricted. Many patients travel to treatment. By expanding the search to include out-of-town or out-of-state addiction treatment programs, a person will have more opportunities for customized care.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient rehab is frequently used as a step-down program after a person graduates from an inpatient treatment program. This gives a person a chance to acclimate to sober living and the pressures of daily life. Outpatient treatment may also be used to treat a mild addiction or minor relapse.
Aftercare And Alumni Services
Lewisville aftercare and alumni support services can assist a person in troubleshooting better ways to cope with the demands of sober living.
A variety of aftercare and alumni services may be offered in the Lewisville area, including:
- Alumni mentorship programs
- Family therapy and support programs
- Individual and group therapy or counseling
- Job skills training
- Online recovery resources
- Self-improvement classes
- Sober living homes
Addiction Treatment Program Length
Building sober-living skills takes time. The more complex a person’s needs, the more in-depth this process could be.
A person’s mental health, relationships, social skills and career can all suffer as a result of addiction. The longer a person is able to commit to treatment, the greater the opportunity they have to build a skill set that helps them strengthen these areas.
Lewisville addiction treatment options range from short-term to long-term programs, such as:
- 30-day programs
- 60-day programs
- 90-day programs
- 120-day programs
- Six-month programs
- Programs lasting a year or longer
How To Pay For Addiction Treatment
Treatment programs exist to fit a variety of budgets. If a person can’t afford to cover the cost of treatment, they may be able to use health insurance or other resources to come up with the total cost.
In Lewisville, the following insurance companies may provide benefits that cover addiction treatment services:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Cigna HealthCare of Texas
- Humana Health Plan of Texas
- Texas Health Aetna
Even with insurance coverage, some people still struggle to make ends meet. Combining one or more of the following resources could help a person to pay for addiction treatment.
- Assistance from family and friends
- Income-based sliding-scale fees
- Medical credit cards
- Payment plans
- Personal loans
- Scholarships or grants
Substance Use Trends In Lewisville, TX
The Most Commonly Used Drugs
The 2018 Regional Needs Assessment detailed patterns of substance use in region three, an area of Texas that includes Lewisville and Denton County. In region three, the following forms of substance use disorders were most commonly diagnosed at drug and alcohol screenings:
- Cannabis (marijuana)
- Sedative-hypnotics or anxiolytics
Drug Poisonings And Overdoses
In 2015, Denton County poison control centers received 1,130 total calls. Of those:
- 257 calls were for sedative-hypnotics or antipsychotics
- 191 calls were for antidepressants
- 141 calls were for stimulants and street drugs
- 129 calls were for opioids
- 117 calls were for alcohol
- 39 calls were for muscle relaxants
- 4 calls were for mushrooms
- 4 calls were for synthetic cannabinoids
Out of all the counties in this region of Texas, Denton was in the top three for opioid-related poison control calls. Additionally, from 1999 to 2016, there were 1,191 overdose deaths from drugs or alcohol in Denton County.
Questions About Treatment?
Call now to be connected with one ofour compassionate treatment specialists.
Drug- And Alcohol-Related Crime in Lewisville, TX
Drugs and alcohol are often linked to the crime. These criminal acts can range from minor violations to acts of violence.
In 2017, in Denton County, there were:
- 842 driving under the influence arrests
- 828 drunkenness arrests
- 1297 drug/narcotic violation arrests
- 465 drug/equipment violation arrests
Drug Trafficking And Drug Seizures
Drug trafficking is a problem all throughout the state of Texas. This is largely because the state shares a border with Mexico, a country that traffics large amounts of drugs into America.
In Denton County, law enforcement seized the following amounts of drugs:
- 399 pounds of marijuana
- 78 pounds of methamphetamine
- 7 pounds of opiates
- 1 pound of cocaine
Drug And Alcohol Use In Lewisville, TX
Addiction can begin with legal substances like alcohol or prescription medications, or it can be the result of abusing illegal drugs. Drugs from all of these categories can cause dependence, withdrawal and fatal overdose.
Illicit Drug Use
The following is a list of illicit drugs commonly used in Lewisville:
- Cocaine, including crack
- Illicit fentanyl
- Synthetic cannabinoids (“fake weed”)
Prescription Drug Use
The following is a list of prescription drugs most commonly used in Lewisville:
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Librium (chlordiazepoxide)
- Restoril (temazepam)
- Valium (diazepam)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Prescription Opioid Painkiller Use
The following is a list of prescription opioid painkillers most commonly used in Lewisville:
- Actiq (fentanyl)
- Duragesic (fentanyl)
- Norco (hydrocodone)
- Vicodin (hydrocodone)
- Dilaudid (hydromorphone)
- Demerol (meperidine)
- Dolophine (methadone)
- Methadose (methadone)
- Duramorph (morphine)
- MS Contin (morphine)
- OxyContin (oxycodone)
- Percocet (oxycodone)
- Opana (oxymorphone)
Prescription ADHD Stimulant Medication Use
The following is a list of the most commonly used prescription ADHD medications in Lewisville:
- Adderall (dextroamphetamine/amphetamine)
- Concerta (methylphenidate)
- Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine)
- Ritalin (methylphenidate)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)
Signs And Symptoms Of Substance Use And Addiction
When a person first begins to use a substance, they typically do so to create a pleasurable feeling or to self-medicate a physical and mental health problem. When substance use is chronic, people continue to use drugs or alcohol even though they know it’s bad for them.
Major signs of a substance use disorder include when a person:
- Takes a substance more often or in a greater dose than they intended to
- Struggles to stop or reduce substance use, even though they have tried to do so in the past
- Gives up large amounts of their time to either using a substance or feeling sick from its effects
- Experiences cravings and becomes fixated on thoughts of finding and using a drug
- Struggles at home, at work or at school due to the effects of substance use
- Chooses alcohol or drugs over favorite hobbies or recreational activities
- Endangers their safety by taking part in risky behaviors while using drugs or alcohol
- Continues to take a substance even after realizing it’s damaging their mental or physical health
- Begins to take more of a substance because they have a tolerance or no longer feel the effects they desire
- Goes into withdrawal if they abruptly stop using a drug
Vertava Health works with clients to find an individualized treatment that can help them overcome addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Contact Vertava Health today for more information on Lewisville addiction treatment services.