MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (June 2, 2016) – According to the Associated Press, a law enforcement official says tests show Prince, 57, died of an opioid overdose.
The pop star was found dead April 21 at Paisley Park, his Minneapolis estate.
Vertava Health is saddened that the current widespread nationwide epidemic of opioid addiction has taken the life of another artist who inspired millions. Prince, along with the other one hundred people who die each day of this disease, will forever be etched in the core of what we do as a company and why we do it. It is our hope that through the grief of his fans and the celebration of his life, this terrible tragedy will spark dialogue in homes across the country about what is happening in their neighborhoods. If anyone is battling an addiction, the time to act is always now. Days, hours or even minutes are a luxury that few people battling addiction are afforded. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Prince, and everyone he touched through his art.