Vertava Health Works to Prevent Those Deaths
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. – There are only 3 days left until Christmas, and most of us are trying to put the last minute touches on our gifts, and grab the last few items before the big day. But in the mind of the addict, there is one focus: the Christmas fix, and where they can find it.
Our admissions center is expected to be flooded over the next 3 days with calls from addicts, as well as their family and friends.
Here are the facts:
- Over 90,000 people die every year from drug abuse (National Institute on Drug Abuse). That comes out to about 247 a day, which means over 700 will die in the next 3 days.
- About 100 people die a day from drug overdoses in the U.S. (Centers for Disease Control). That means about 300 people will die in the U.S. from a drug overdose in the next 3 days.
- About 14,800 people die every year in the U.S. from prescription pain killers (Centers for Disease Control). That means about 122 will die in the next 3 days from prescription drug overdoses in the U.S.
- About 1216 people will be admitted to undergo treatment for prescription drug abuse (Centers for Disease Control).
- About 3904 people will visit the emergency room for misuse or abuse of prescription pain killers in the U.S. (Centers for Disease Control)
“I’m going to be here Christmas Eve night, and will be on the phone with people seeking out help,” says Admissions Center Representative Jessica Fleener. “I cannot think of any place I would rather be or any gift that’s better than the gift of recovery. People are facing some pretty scary things, and I want to help give them the tools to fight the monsters that are stealing them from their family.”
This doesn’t have to be you or the one you love. Addiction is a completely preventable and treatable disease. Don’t wait to get your loved one help. The time is now. For more information call Vertava Health at (888) 614-2251 or go towww.addictioncampuses.com. If you would like to schedule an interview with one of our experts, or would like to go LIVE from our admissions center and interview some of our treatment specialists, we are available 24/7.
Public Relations Manager