Addiction Treatment In Edgewood, Kentucky
Getting help for a substance use disorder in Edgewood, Kentucky is possible. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers offer individualized treatment programs that utilize proven treatment methods based on scientific research.
When choosing a treatment program, it’s best to choose one from a treatment center that is accredited by the state of Kentucky, has medical professionals available, and offers individualized treatment programs that adapt as the individual progresses through recovery.
Common treatments available include detoxification, inpatient or outpatient care, and alumni services for continued recovery.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Every drug and alcohol rehabilitation program in Edgewood starts with detoxification. Detoxing involves abstaining from drugs and/or alcohol and letting the substances leave the body naturally.
There are two types of detox programs, including standard and medication-assisted (MAT). Standard detox does not involve taking a medication in place of the individual’s drug of choice.
Instead, the individual’s health and wellbeing are monitored and medications to help alleviate symptoms may be prescribed.
MAT therapy involves taking medication in place of the individual’s preferred substance in order to reduce cravings and prevent any pleasurable sensations if the individual attempts to start using it again.
Questions About Treatment?
Call now to be connected with one of
our compassionate treatment specialists.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Inpatient addiction treatment is the most intensive and effective type of treatment. This is because the individual lives at a rehab center for the duration of their short- (30 to 45 days) or long-term (90+ days) treatment program.
During their stay, the individual receives an individual, group, and family counseling. They may also receive:
- behavioral therapy
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- art therapy
- exercise therapy
- nature therapy
- alternative holistic therapies, like massage and acupuncture
The biggest benefits of inpatient treatment include 24-hour care and monitoring, a temptation- and trigger-free environment, and the ability to talk with other individuals who are also recovering.
Outpatient treatment options typically come in three forms, including standard, intensive, and partial hospitalization.
Individuals typically choose outpatient treatment when they have work, school, or family obligations that would make it extremely difficult to be away from home for a long period of time.
Instead of living at the treatment center, individuals schedule appointments at the rehab center to receive detox services, counseling, therapy, and drug education courses.
Outpatient treatment programs typically last between two and six hours a day between three and five days a week.
Medications-assisted (MAT) treatment is typically recommended for individuals whose substance use disorder centers around heroin, narcotic medications, and/or alcohol use.
MAT is recommended for these substances due to the severity of the withdrawal symptoms and the likelihood that the individual will experience strong cravings. Typical medications used in MAT include Suboxone, methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine.
Aftercare And Alumni Services
Once the initial treatment program has been completed, whether it’s inpatient or outpatient, it is highly recommended that the individual enter aftercare or alumni services for continuing recovery and relapse prevention.
Aftercare and alumni services can involve continuing counseling at the treatment center, 12-step-based programs, like those that can be found at Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, and moving from the treatment center to a sober living home.
Length Of Addiction Treatment
Treatment program lengths may vary by individual need, but the following are standard program lengths for different types of addiction treatment programs.
- Detoxification – 3 days to a couple of months (longer for opioids)
- Short-Term Inpatient/Residential – 1 to 1.5 months
- Long-Term Inpatient/Residential – 3 months to a year or more
- Standard and Intensive Outpatient – 4 to 12 months
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) – 6 to 12+ months
- Sober Living Homes – 6 to 12+ Months
- Aftercare and Alumni Services – As long as needed, but a minimum of 12 months
How To Pay For Treatment
Once the individual is ready for treatment, they may wonder how they’re going to pay for drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
In general, outpatient treatment programs are less expensive than inpatient treatment programs, but most drug and alcohol treatment centers offer numerous ways to pay.
- health insurance: drug and alcohol treatment is typically covered under mental health services
- Medicaid, Medicare, or Tricare
- self-pay (personal finances, savings accounts)
- payment plans based on income
- financial help from family members
- drug and alcohol treatment grants
Substance Abuse Trends In Edgewood
- In 2017, Kentucky experienced 1,160 overdose deaths, which is nearly 29 deaths for every 100,000 individuals residing in the state. By contrast, the U.S. only experienced about 15 overdose deaths per 100,000 individuals.
- The number one cause of overdose deaths is fentanyl.
- Overdose deaths caused by narcotic pain medications have decreased since 2015.
- Nearly 22,000 individuals entered treatment in Kentucky in 2016.
- There are 263 alcohol and drug outpatient treatment centers in the state.
- There are nearly 60 inpatient and residential treatment centers in the state.
The Nearest Vertava Health Treatment Center: The Bluffs
When it comes to getting effective, dedicated treatment for drug and/or alcohol use, sometimes leaving the immediate area is the best option.
Many individuals with substance use disorders struggle with the desire to relapse or start using again due to all the reminders of their previous habit.
In order to get away and achieve sobriety, individuals may want to go to a treatment center that is out of state, like The Bluffs, in scenic Sherrodsville, Ohio.
The Bluffs, which is located about 250 miles northeast of Edgewood, boasts a scenic and relaxing environment with views of the bluffs and a waterfall.
The serene landscape and plethora of treatment options, including cognitive behavioral therapy, detoxification, long-term rehab, and dual diagnosis services, offer an environment of healing and recovery.
To get help today in finding a drug and alcohol treatment center that can help you achieve sobriety, give our friendly representatives a call. We are eager to help you get started on your road to recovery.